The quick answer is yes. You can get a refund. It might take a little paperwork to show that you’ve overpaid or duplicated the payment. 

If you and your lender both make payments, you will have to prove that with documentation. It could be a copy of the check or credit card statement, depending on how you paid the bill. Once you’ve confirmed the overpayment, you will get a refund.