Yes. If you feel like you are paying too much for your taxes, you can file an appeal. Before you do, check the procedure for making a claim with your county assessor because they limit the amount of time you have to file.

You will need a real estate tax attorney. However, just because you hire someone, it doesn’t guarantee that your taxes will be lowered. If your appeal is granted, the attorney will either take a portion of the savings or charge you a flat fee.